Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Destroying my muscles

So that they may rise again from the ashes and engulf me in a criss-cross of myosin and actin filaments bulging at every junction. Then I shall open jars between my gargantuan biceps and straddle mountains with my iron thighs. Or something. Is that how it works?

I'm new to this gym thing.

And while I'm not new to swimming, it's an activity that leaves me more breathless (ha!) than I remember. Also I think I'm not moving my arms right, and it's probably terrible. Also my sister says I'm afflicted with "vertical swimming", whereby my feet drag across the bottom of the pool as they kick. This is equally if not more terrible.

Is there some way of measuring the density of my bones or my bone/muscle mass ratio? Because I think it's considerably higher than most other people. And despite what a doctor told me some years back, I think I have terrible lung capacity. And this tendency to panic when my face isn't in contact with air. I suppose these things will improve with time, but seriously I can't make my legs kick up properly =( Back to the kiddie pool practising kicks against the wall, I suppose. Can't be blaming my body for the shitty way my body moves. That's probably a fault of a different part of my body which is not familiar with how leg muscles attach to hips and such.

Gym feels easier initially but by the next day I'm horribly afflicted by can'tstraightenmyarms syndrome, which put me at a severe disadvantage in Jungle Speed. That game destroys friendships almost as fast as Mario Party!

Anyway I'll just leave this mess here:

今天, 我到游泳池去游了, 然后我去了健身房。我只能游泳三百米。 我的朋友能游泳一公里多。我希望我也能游一公里多。

1 comment:

felix.h.kong said...

MAN i miss jungle speed.